Website of the Anglican Province of America

Saint Mary of the Angels officially opened its doors with the first Mass on June 17, 2001.
Her humble beginnings were in a small room in the oldest church building in the city of La Porte, Indiana and the second oldest church building in La Porte County.
It was originally a Methodist Epsicopal Church, built in 1851.

St. Mary of the Angels Anglican Church

Our first altar in a very small room.

Once we were able to remove a wall on the first floor, it expanded our worship space by two-fold. Later, we expanded again and occupied the entire first floor. We converted the fellowship hall into a sanctuary, including a sacristy for the priests to vest. Jim Eldridge, a vestryman and contractor, hand-made the beautiful communion rail.

Our current altar.

This represents a small part of our history. We are a young parish which is steadily growing and we have a lot more history to make. Won't you come and join us for this exciting journey?

Come see us on
Saint Mary of the Angels






copyrightę 2010